The requirement to install fire alarms to not just meet but exceed industry standards has never been higher. In an area that is so widely publicised, this practical fire alarm installation training course is suited to installation companies or individuals wishing to improve their skills and develop their knowledge of addressable fire alarms systems, using best-practice techniques.
We typically see learners on this course who are fire system engineers, or those who supervise this level, who require a better understanding of integrating fire systems with other equipment, such as access control and fire shutters. We also see a number of learners who are already installers in other areas of technology who would like to move into fire alarm installations, to add to their portfolio of skills.
The training is of a practical nature, using real systems to practice what is learnt in the lessons. You’ll have expert tutor support, ensuring your understanding is relevant and useful. Upon successful completion of the training, you’ll earn a BTEC Level 3 Certificate, which is an internationally-recognised qualification.
This training course also counts towards the Certified Technical Security Professional Register application.
What will you learn?
- Understanding the role of the inspectorates
- Understanding the Regulatory Reform Order
- Who should carry out risk assessments
- Fire alarm system design – detection types, zones sound level requirements
- Acceptable sound levels using bells or sounders
- Industry standards and how to apply them
- Understanding wire free equipment and when to use it
- Variation orders and what they mean
- Understanding the operation of different devices
- Installing smoke/Heat detectors/Smoke beams
- Installation (Theory and Practical) – conventional and analogue addressable systems
- Interfacing with access control
- Remote signalling options
- Understanding how a system should be zoned
- Zone isolators and when to fit them
- Programming addressable systems
- How to correctly calculate battery time
- How to limit unwatched activations
- Health and safety considerations
- Hands on workshop activities
- Emergency lighting systems
£1195.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Practical Fire Alarm Installation – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
Everything I've learned is being put to work for sure; I've got a couple of jobs lined up this month already. The course was awesome and intuitive - it really helped me out, please give my regards to steve who carried out the program as well.