Cyber and IT Security is emerging as one of the most important elements in IT planning and implementation. The risk of viruses, unauthorised data access, uncontrolled emailed correspondence, data manipulation and misuse of access to the internet can seriously affect an organisation’s reputation and potentially its financial stability.
This Cyber Security training course offers a comprehensive, detailed look at the effects on industry and commerce, presenting you with the methodology to approach and combat this increasingly prevalent problem.
What will you learn?
- Firewalls – hardware and software versions
- Using proxy servers and packet filtering
- Wireless networks and their vulnerabilities
- Encryption explained
- Wireless encryption – using WEP, WPA and IPSec
- Networking address and port address translation
- Public Key encryption, WEP, WPA, EAP, TLS
- Wiretapping and port scanners
- Network wiring security
- Challenge/authentication techniques
- Using proxies to protect the network
- Security issues with IPv4 and IPv6
- IP VPNs, IPSec and SSL
- Transport and tunnel mode security
- Using NAT, PAT and VLANs in a network
- Spoofing, spamming, phishing, malware and viruses
- SMTP session hijacking, denial of service, cyber terrorism and identity theft
£1450.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Cyber and IT Security – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
Excellent instructor: all-round keen to ensure all students understood key points, and he made complex topics very simple via examples.