CCTV has an important part to play as part of Civil Enforcement arrangements to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the road network by deterring motorists from contravening Parking or Road Traffic restrictions.
This course will enable you to understand how to competently and efficiently operate a CCTV traffic enforcement scheme within the UK while staying within the current legal framework. You will also gain the confidence and ability to handle breaches of regulations correctly and effectively. This course forms part of our career development programme for operators.
What will you learn?
- The role and duties of CCTV traffic enforcement operators
- Parking and traffic legislation
- Traffic management orders
- Traffic contravention codes
- Data protection Act
- Code of practice for operation of CCTV enforcement cameras
- Health and safety at work
- Operational Requirement
- Vehicle registration marks and DVLA
- Producing images of evidential quality and audit trails
- Approved devices
- Penalty Charge Notice
- Prosecution criteria
- Discretionary parking schemes
- Priority routes
- Bus lane enforcement
- Mobile CCTV enforcement operations
- CCTV evidence Audit trail
- Appeals procedures
£295 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
CCTV Traffic Enforcement – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
I really enjoyed the course, it was very relaxed and interactive. We were all encouraged to ask questions and share experiences; the instructor was very knowledgeable - when I had questions he was able to answer them. He also stopped to make sure we all understood before moving on.
You have a lovely team and it was a pleasure being there.
In regards to the course, I would say it made things more clear for me. As a new CCTV supervisor, there was some bits and pieces I was not aware of and therefore I had the chance to learn about them. It is important for my field to understand the code of practice as we deal a lot with sensitive information.
Overall it was a pleasure as mentioned already and Martin was superb. He was very well prepared and very professional.