CCTV control rooms are now a vital tool in the protection of our modern communities. Crime prevention, traffic management, key holding services, first aid response and major incident command control are just some of the skills demanded of today’s control room operator. Covering a range of essential practical tasks, this two day course will provide the advanced skills needed to fulfil your many responsibilities.
What will you learn?
- Building rapport and key communication skills
- Call handling standard and techniques, difficult callers and active listening
- People profiling and observation skills
- Surveillance tactics
- Hostile reconnaisance
- Analysing recorded material
- Technical awareness
- Automatic number plate recognition
- Community care and out of hours
- British, European and international standards
- Major operations and incidents
- ARCs (alarm receiving centres)
- Key holding services
- ACPO policy
£575.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
Advanced Control Room Skills – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
Great to receive a formal qualification in Control Room management; this course had everything I expected and was explained in relatable terms.