Tavcom presents the 'Future of Security Theatre' at IFSEC 2018
Tavcom Training is proud to announce it is once again delivering the free educational programme for ‘The Future of Security Training Theatre‘ at IFSEC International 2018, with sponsor Panasonic UK. The Theatre will deliver a range of essential CPD accredited presentations on cutting-edge subjects that are key to technical security professionals.
Renowned for over ten years as the ‘Tavcom Theatre’, this year, following an extensive research programme, show organisers UBM have rebranded the theatre to meet with the theme for the event. ‘The Future of Security Training Theatre’ will be a major element in the new ‘Show Me How’ project at IFSEC 2018, which will identify educational opportunities where visitors can learn about industry best practice and capabilities.
Tavcom Training Executive Director, Paul Tennent commented, “We have a longstanding and proud tradition of delivering free education at IFSEC, which expects to see over 40,000 visitors this year and has been at the heart of the security market for more than 40 years. This year’s schedule promises something for everyone, including cyber security and integrated networks, audio systems, countering drone threats and the ever-increasing links between physical and cyber security.”
During the three days of the show, Tavcom will deliver a wide range of free educational sessions which will be supported by specialist speakers from across the security industry, including:
- Peter Mason, M Ed., CTSP, who has been the lead IP tutor for Tavcom Training Ltd for over 15 years, starts the programme with ‘Future of Security Networks’. Peter is also presenting: ‘Cybercrime and security’.
- David Needham, Sales Manager for Axis in the UK and Ireland, will be presenting ‘Network Audio Systems – Integrated Audio made Smart and Easy’.
- Jim Perkins, Business Development Manager at Panasonic UK will be discussing video management systems with: ‘Panasonic breaks the VMS mould with video insight’.
- Nikola Serfimovski, Director – Business Strategy at PureLifi will be giving a seminar entitled: ‘LiFi, the future of high bandwidth secure broadband communication’.
- Mike Gillespie, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Advent IM Ltd and Vice President of the C3i Centre for Strategic Cyberspace + Security Science (CSCSS) will be presenting ‘Raising standards; raising cyber security awareness’.
- Justin Pringle, Chief Technology Officer CTO at DroneOps Ltd will be giving a timely presentation entitled: ’Countering the drone threat’.
- Tony Weeks, Head of Technical Services at the National Security Inspectorate (NSI) will be discussing ‘Automating the transfer of alarms to emergency services: maximising public benefits’.
- Warren Collins MASC RISC CTSP, will be discussing the integration of security systems with ‘Deploying an IP Based Integration Project’,
- Dr Mark Wherrett CEng MIET CTSP, will present the future of analytics in a seminar entitled: ‘Smart, connected cameras and big data – the power of video is being unleashed’.
IFSEC International is also the perfect opportunity to learn more about the Register for Certified Technical Security Professionals (CTSP), which has been endorsed in the UK by the British Security Industry Association (BSIA), as well as internationally by Dubai’s Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA). It represents the only opportunity for individuals fulfilling technical roles in the electronic security and fire systems sectors, to be officially recognised for their competencies and qualifications on a public register.
Paul Tennent continued, “IFSEC International will again deliver on its promise to educate and enlighten visitors. Myself and the team at Linx International Group look forward to seeing you there!”
For a full schedule of times and dates for The Future of Security Training Theatre’s programme, please visit: https://www.ifsec.events/international/?cid=nav