Structured cabling systems are internal and multi-building cable networks that integrate a variety of communications services, including voice and data. Increasingly these are being utilised to install and operate basic and advanced CCTV systems, so knowledge of structured cabling is now essential.
This Practical Structured Cabling course includes the fundamentals of structured copper and fibre optic cabling including cables types, installation, testing and fault finding.
What will you learn?
- Communications Principles
- Theory of light transmission and attenuation
- Layout and topology
- Types of cable and connectors
- Tooling, termination and splicing
- Fibre preparation
- Cabling including CAT5e and CAT6
- Installation techniques
- Testing and fault-finding
- Documentation and legal requirements
£995.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate