All companies need a return on their investments. This security management technology course will provide you with a realistic understanding of the cost of ownership of electronic security systems, including purchase, installation and maintenance costs and ensure that you get value for money when acquiring new technology to protect your premises and staff.
What will you learn?
- Overview of CCTV, IP, Access control and intruder alarms.
- Making the case for technology
- Establishing the cost of the risk
- Evaluating the effectiveness of technology
- Fit for purpose – define what you want to achieve for your security
- Choosing your security systems
- Upgrading from analogue to digital
- Important national and international legislative guidelines
- Designing a system in conjunction with other professionals
- How to determine which consultant and integrator to employ
- The risk we are securing
- Ensuring the reaction to alarms is appropriate
- Alarm Receiving Centers (ARCs)
- Biometrics – the various types and their ‘Achilles heels’
- Costs per metre of typical systems
- Developing an operational requirement
- Budgeting for installation and maintenance
- Health and safety
- Evening projects
£1550 + VAT
BTEC Level 5 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
Managing Security Systems Technology – BTEC Level 5 Certificate: Reviews
Extremely knowledgeable tutor- he could relate real-life experiences to what we were learning. Legislation, standards, testing and record-keeping was most useful to me. I already knew a fair bit on cameras but it was still a good revision exercise.