This fundamental electronic principles training course gives a practical understanding of electronics and is vital for everyone involved in the repair, maintenance and commissioning of all electronic security systems. As part of the practical exercises, you will build a basic series and parallel circuit, then using a multimeter you will learn how to correctly measure Current, Voltage and Resistance.
What will you learn?
- Ohm’s Law
- Electronic Symbols and components
- Recognising resistor colour codes – Practical exercise
- Alternating and Direct current (AC/DC)
- Using the multimeter to measure voltage, current and resistance – Practical exercise
- Practical work with series and parallel circuits
- Calculating Power (Watts)
- Batteries and Power supplies
- Regulated and unregulated power supplies
- Safety Devices
- Health and safety
£195.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.