UPDATE: Our COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Evidently the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect us all. Whilst no one can be completely certain of how the plan to return to some normality will look like, our aim is to provide as much clarity as we can, so our learners can focus on their chosen training course.
Protecting the health and wellbeing of learners and our team remains our top priority.
Our team have worked hard on a range of measures to bring learners and staff back to our training centres safely, and we are pleased with the feedback from learners regarding the safety measures we have taken.
Our focus continues to be on providing a safe and welcoming environment for learners, so they receive the excellent experience they deserve, along with our usual high standard of teaching.
In line with UK government guidelines, and following an internal review of our risk assessment, we have reviewed our policies and procedures and are pleased to advise that classroom training resumes on Monday 12th April 2021.
What are our new safety measures?
Learners are required to arrive on site in time for the start of training and will not be allowed access to the training centre or training venue until 08:45 each day.
Training rooms will be clearly marked with the name of the course and the tutor. At 08:45, learners will go to the assigned room and maintain social distancing of 2.0m. From here, we will take the temperatures of learners with a touch-free thermometer. This will happen every morning before training starts. Anyone with a temperature over 37.8 oC will have a second temperature check taken 15 minutes later. If this reading is also greater than 37.8oC, you will not be able to attend the training or enter any part of the building
There are several hand sanitising stations to use before joining the training. Once in the training rooms, there are defined areas to assist with respecting maintaining social distancing. You will find your allocated desk or workstation – this will be yours for the duration of the course. Please ensure only you have use of your desk or workstation. Likewise, please do not borrow or use other learners’ equipment during the course.
At your workspace you will find:
- Face coverings (1 x for each day of training)
- Hand sanitiser (1 x 50ml for personal use)
- Gloves (1 x for each day of training)
The decision to wear gloves is your personal choice, however, wearing a face-covering is mandatory. The emphasis is on high levels of personal hygiene and maintaining social distancing of 2.0m at all times.
Where possible, doors will be left open or wedged open to allow for natural ventilation and to minimise contact with door handles. At the end of the day, please remove all items for your area ready for cleaning that takes places in the evening.
What can you do to help?
The goal here is always to maintain excellent personal hygiene so that we can control and limit the spread of any infection. Here are the key things that you can do to help:
- Maintain effective social distancing to minimise the spread of the virus – please ensure that you keep 2.0m away from others at all times.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Hand washing and/or hand sanitising to take place when entering the training centre or break-out rooms, after using toilet facilities, and before and after eating.
- Masks and gloves are available for all learners – wearing a face covering is mandatory.
- Urinals will not be available. Please use the toilets instead – they are non-gender specific.
- Leave the toilet area clean and sanitised.
What about refreshment and lunch breaks?
Lunch arrangements vary slightly, depending on the location of your training. For those coming to our training centre in Bishops Waltham, the following applies:
We will be staggering the break and lunchtimes to minimise the number of people in an area at the same time. This will allow for cleaning to take place between groups. Breaks will be communicated to you each morning.
We’ll take your drinks and lunch options in the morning, and they’ll have your name on ready for you. You can take your lunch outside (there is a bench under a cover) or stay inside at one person per table.
All surfaces such as sinks, taps, handles, table tops etc. will be sanitised by the training centre team after each group has finished their lunch period.
All learners are welcome to bring their own lunch and drinks, but please note there is no access to a fridge.
What happens if I feel unwell or present with a temperature?
If you present with a temperature greater than 37.8oC, a second reading will be taken after 15 minutes. If this reading is also greater than 37.8oC, you will not be able to join the training or enter any part of the buildings.
- You will be required to leave the site, making your own travel arrangements.
- Learners who present with an elevated temperature will not be allowed to come back the following day.
- If applicable, we’ll need to let your employer know of your elevated temperature, and that you can no longer attend training.
- If accommodation has been booked/reserved by us, we reserve the right to notify the hotel/B&B of the situation.
- Any refunds of accommodation costs will be in line with agreed terms and conditions.
If you feel unwell during training, speak to your tutor immediately.
It is everybody’s responsibility to do what we can to protect ourselves and others where we can, and these guidelines will be reviewed in line with government advice as and when it’s required. We hope this information helps and allows you to start looking forward to returning to training with us in the coming months. But whatever the rest of this year brings, we are ready to support you.