This course is uniquely designed to help security professionals understand project management principles and their application to security systems projects. It will explore the role and responsibilities of a project manager, project management processes and documentation, together with practical skills essential for delivering a successful project in the security context.
This course is a great addition to your security management skillset and is ideal for those who are new to project management and for those who need to strengthen their skills or refresh project knowledge and practice.
What will you learn?
- What makes a successful or unsuccessful project?
- Defining the project concept
- Responsibilities of a project manager
- Stakeholder management
- Defining project scope and setting objectives
- Managing project planning and scheduling for the installation of security systems
- Implementing the project plan
- Project control techniques; costs, risk management and change control
- Communication and project team management techniques
- Testing & Commissioning of security systems projects
- Effective handover & closing of a security project
£1550 + VAT
BTEC Level 5 Certificate
Project Management for Security Systems – BTEC Level 5 Certificate: Reviews
The tutor was very supportive and mindful of the group and individual needs with no waffling or padding, the course formalised practices I use in my work.
Very Informative, well-delivered criteria with a good blend of theory and ‘hands-on’ I found the overall use of terminology and business process activities very useful.