Modern security managers in both the public and private sectors, face fresh threats and challenges on a daily basis. They are ideally placed to influence, support and implement policies and practices which raise and distribute responsibility for security to every level throughout every division within organisations.
The role of the security manager is a crucial one and this course addresses topics which will enable the post holder to play their part to the full.
Whether your organisation is international or national, on a large or modest scale, industrial, commercial, retail or government based, and you are responsible for the safety and security of your premises and personnel, this security management course is perfect for you.
What will you learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a security manager
- Effective security management styles
- Achieving organisational goals, targets and objectives
- Managing teams and individuals
- Excellent customer relations
- Selection and vetting of staff
- Criminal Justice system
- Data protection and human rights
- Freedom of information and RIPA
- Creating an organisational culture of security
- The police and criminal evidence Act
- Essential Legislation
- Health and Safety at work
- Civil, criminal and employment law
- An appreciation of security systems technologies
- Power of arrest
- Evidential integrity of exhibits
- Managing risk
£1550 + VAT
BTEC Level 5 Certificate
Managing Security – BTEC Level 5 Certificate: Reviews
I was impressed with the overall presentation especially how the project was incorporated into the instruction and can be applied to real-life situations.
Will recommend this institution to anyone in the industry I work in oil & gas, the course was very useful and had broadened my mental horizon in the understanding and management of security.