This training bundle is comprised of three individual practical training courses: Practical Intruder Alarm Installation BTEC Level 3, Intruder Alarm Repair & Maintenance BTEC Level 3, and Advanced Intruder Alarm BTEC Level 4. It has been created for those with little or no experience in Intruder Alarms who may wish to develop a more detailed understanding of how this aspect of technical security works in relation to their role.
Learners will attend three separate practical workshop training programmes in either our Hampshire or Shipley Training Centres, (depending on availability, see dates below). Upon successful completion of each programme, learners will receive three formal BTEC certificates as well as 24 CPD points.
If you would like any more information regarding these new bundles or if you’re unsure what might be suitable please contact us using the button below.
Who will benefit?
This bundle will benefit a range of organisations and businesses who need to train their engineers from the ‘ground-up’ to high industry standards. These training bundles provide a great alternative to hiring externally and supports the development of you and your employees.
Whether someone is new to the industry and needs to be trained ‘on the tools’ before going to a job, or perhaps looking to brush up on the key aspects of Intruder Alarm installation, repair, maintenance, and system design, this installer training bundle is ideal.
£2195 ex. VAT
120 hours | 3 Practical Workshops
3 BTEC Certificates
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £90 per person, per night + VAT. Bed & Breakfast is £70 per person per night + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
- Practical applications of Ohm’s law
- Using a multimeter for voltage, current and resistance readings
- Detection devices described
- Control and indicating equipment
- Sounders and other warning devices
- Calculating battery and power supply requirements
- Adding power supplies – considerations
- British, European and International standards
- Practical wiring of complete Intruder Alarm systems
- Completing risk assessments and documentation
- Designing and planning a system
- Installation and commissioning
- Electrical testing of intruder alarm systems
- Remote signalling system requirements
- Environmental considerations and insurance pre-requisites
- False alarm management
- Calibration and operation of test equipment
- Diagnosing and rectifying common faults
- Locating and rectifying cable faults
- Voltage drop and calculations
- Insurance prerequisites
- Commissioning checks
- Preventive and corrective maintenance recommendations
- Remote servicing and programming
- Developing maintenance contracts
- Wiring and installation of grade 3 systems
- Installation, commissioning and testing of remote signalling
- An insight into multiplexed systems
- Alarm verification technology
- Practical remote servicing
- Advance fault finding and routine service checks
- False alarm management
- Working with RVRC’s and ARCs
- Networking intruder alarm systems
- Essential procedures and documentation