Integrated security systems bring together a diverse range of security technologies, such as CCTV (VSS), Access, Intruder Alarms, Fire and Perimeter Systems under a single unified software platform; offering a proactive security solution with the seamless operation and efficient interaction between the individual technologies.
Designed with integrators, installers, system designers and end-users in mind, this BTEC level 4 accredited course provides the understanding and practical skillsets to develop sophisticated integrated security solutions for both single & multi-site applications. Students are guided through the theory and invaluable practical exercises by tutors with direct expertise in the subject to create working integrated security solutions within the training environment.
What will you learn?
- Current Standards
- Integration vs Convergence
- The Relay and its use in integration
- ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) Text Protocol
- The SDK / API (Software Development Kit/Application Programming Interface)
- Best Practises for Integration
- Integration Software Platforms: Security Management Systems (SMS) Video Management System (VMS) & Physical Security Information Management (PSIM)
- OPC (Open Platform Communication) Servers / Clients
- Video Analytic integration
- Security System Integrations
- IT Systems Integration
- Control Room Software Operations
- Real life examples of integration issues and solutions
- Project to design a complete integrated solution
£1195.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 4 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
Integrated Security Systems – BTEC Level 4 Certificate: Reviews
The only thing about this course, is that I wish I had done it years ago
I thought the Security Integration training course was beneficial, well delivered and met my needs to understand how third-party systems can be integrated to a front end and the limitations if full SDK/API are not offered or shared.
I had another very enjoyable week at Tavcom. Warren was clearly very knowledgeable on the subject he was teaching with lots of real-world experience as all your tutors have been in my previous experiences. I came away with a better understanding of what is happening in the background in the world of integration which is what I needed and a lot of the terminology around integration now makes more sense. I was particularly interested in OPC due to a real-world scenario I have on-site and Warren identified that and took the time to take me to one side after a break and just go through a few diagrams on the board making sure I was happy that I understood, so credit to Warren
It was a great course, Warren was very informative and really helps with getting the theory side of everything working - something I have not spoken about before. The project was also a good idea as it's something I can work from in the future with more detail.