On this fascinating training course, you will learn how to carry out the building fire risk assessments that are now mandatory for anyone responsible for business premises – including employers, voluntary organisations, clubs and charities.
You will also acquire the fundamental skills needed to recommend, upgrade or fully install fire alarm equipment, as required. There are no prerequisites. The training course is open to all but it will be of particular interest to installers, sales personnel, technicians, engineer, consultants and fire alarm system users.
What will you learn?
- Associations, inspectorates and documentation
- Basic commissioning requirements
- Role of the responsible person and fire officer
- Fire alarm legislation and levels of protection
- Standards and governing bodies
- Pre installation risk assessment
- Fundamentals fire alarm installation skills
- Measuring current, voltage and resistance
- Using test equipment correctly
- Health and Safety
- Basic installation of fire alarm systems
- Fire classifications
- Signalling techniques
- Detection device types, sounder types and their applications
- Environmental considerations
- Routine servicing and maintenance of detectors, panels and fire alarm systems
- Classes of fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems
- Radio detectors and transmission
- Wiring systems
£695 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate