It is now mandatory for anyone responsible for business premises to carry out a building fire risk assessment. This includes employers, voluntary organisations, sports clubs, charities and more.
In this practical training course, you’ll learn how to complete this risk assessment, as well as all the technical elements involved in fire alarm installation. This is a practical course, fully supported by expert tutors who deliver training in an intuitive and insightful way. We ensure you leave your course confident and capable to deliver what is needed in your role.
You will gain the fundamental skills needed to recommend, upgrade and fully install fire alarm equipment.
There are no prerequisites to join this course – all are welcome. The typical learner for this course can be installers, sales personnel, technicians, engineer, consultants and fire alarm system users.
This training course is also an accepted qualification to count towards the Certified Technical Security Professional Register application.
What will you learn?
- Associations, inspectorates and documentation
- Basic commissioning requirements
- Role of the responsible person and fire officer
- Fire alarm legislation and levels of protection
- Standards and governing bodies
- Pre installation risk assessment
- Fundamentals fire alarm installation skills
- Measuring current, voltage and resistance
- Using test equipment correctly
- Health and Safety
- Basic installation of fire alarm systems
- Fire classifications
- Signalling techniques
- Detection device types, sounder types and their applications
- Environmental considerations
- Routine servicing and maintenance of detectors, panels and fire alarm systems
- Classes of fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems
- Radio detectors and transmission
- Wiring systems
£695 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate