Offering a perfect mix of classroom studies and practical workshop activities, you will investigate the combination of physical elements and electronic devices that make up the modern world of access control. Ideal for newcomers and experienced practitioners, it provides you with the fundamental skills required to install, maintain, sell or design access control systems, this popular Access Control Installation training course is open to all.
What will you learn?
- Associations, standards, inspectorates and documentation
- Doors – Physical considerations when selecting appropriate hardware
- Mechanical and electro-magnetic locks. Electric strikes and releases overview
- Recognition methods: readers, code identification systems
- Non-contact identification Methods
- Card based ID systems
- Controllers and systems
- Stand alone and multi-door systems
- Power supplies
- Passive and non contact identification methods
- Network access control systems
- Cabling and power for various environmental situations
- Programming and commissioning access control system
- Legislation, Standards, Inspectorates, Health and Safety considerations and documentation
£695.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.