Tavcom’s two-day practical workshop-based course is specifically for fire alarm engineers to gain knowledge and understand the processes involved under BS5839 Part 1 to commission, service, repair & maintain fire detection and alarm systems.
Over two days you will cover inspection and testing of fire alarm systems, and learn how to interface with third-party equipment such as access control/door retainers using relays and Input-Output Boards. You will also be shown how to program test and inspect fire alarm systems for the functionality of detectors using walk tests, find faulty cabling in the system, detect equipment, and identify and solve configuration errors. You’ll also be taught how to carry Db level checks, disable zones and equipment without disabling the system and much, much more.
As well as service, repair and maintenance you’ll also learn the commissioning processes of fire detection and alarm systems in line with BS5839 Part 1. This is achieved by covering the core content: examining system design requirements, codes of practice, understanding system categories, determining the category of a system by the location of its devices, checking the quality of the system’s installation, and looking at the integrity of the wiring and circuits via testing.
Ultimately this will give you the knowledge required to complete the commissioning process successfully.
What will you learn?
- How to locate open and short circuits
- Understand the operation of circuit isolators
- Understanding Common programming errors
- Calculate the expected hold up time of a system
- False Alarm management
- Safe Isolation of circuits
- Scheduled Maintenance expectations
- Walk Testing
- Isolating Zones/disablements
- Understanding interfaces between fire and other systems
- Db level checks
- Remote monitoring (correct fault and alarm indication)
- Understanding system categories (grading checks)
- Understanding design requirements i.e. location detector spacing and heights, manual all points etc
- Resistance and current consumption
- Wiring checks (Best Practice)
- Battery Calculations
£650 + VAT
Tavcom Level 3 Certificate
Fire Alarms System Service, Repair & Maintenance and Commissioning: Reviews
We're looking forward to welcoming you to this brand new course. Keep your eyes peeled for the first reviews!