Find out just how simple it really is to plan, design, splice and connect optical fibre. On day 1 of this Practical Optical Fibre course, we take you through the essential principles and provide you with the chance to plan and design a fibre system. Most of day 2 is spent in the workshops splicing, polishing and installing fibre networks.
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites. The fibre optic course is open to all those who are interested in optical fibre. It is also ideal for those who wish to learn how to splice optical fibre and to plan, design and install CCTV systems using fibre optics.
What will you learn?
- Fundamental theory of optical fibre
- Design fibre solutions using single-mode and multi-mode
- Learn to splice, repair broken or damaged fibre
- Understand termination methods
- Recognise types of dispersion
- Measuring and calculating losses
- Effective testing methods
- Installing optical fibre transmitters and receivers
- Identify connector types such as LC, ST, FC, MTRJ and SC
- Health and Safety handling and correct disposal of fibre
£525.00 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
Fibre Optic Installation – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
Incredibly technical and in-depth information provided with lots of drawings and examples that make all this information very easy to understand.