This 3 day practical classroom training course is designed for those who wish to hone their leadership skills in the control room environment. You’ll learn about planning, communications, codes of practice, motivating your team, and much more. This is a BTEC Level 3 course, which is an internationally-recognised qualification.
Successful supervision of a control room team in the modern workplace demands a varied set of skills. The essential leadership qualities of a professional supervisor include a good knowledge of civil and criminal legislation, a sound grasp of communications and planning and the ability to solve wide range of day-to-day challenges.
Learners are assessed through a series of assignments (individual/group) covering various subject areas of the course syllabus, plus an individual evening project and a written assessment.
There is no requirement for pre/post coursework.
What will you learn?
- Functions and qualities of supervisors
- Protecting the integrity of your organisation
- Problem solving
- Risk Assessment
- Resolving staff issues and conflict management
- Objective – personal and organisational
- Team Characteristics
- Group dynamics
- Essential Legislation
- Team Management
- Motivating the team
- Development interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service – internal and external
- Surveillance Camera Codes of practice
- CCTV images of evidential quality
- Audit trails and Health and Safety
£745 + VAT
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Control Room Supervisory Skills – BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Reviews
Although the subject was new to me, it was explained with great clarity and was interesting to see things more clearly.
Martin was brilliant: he listened to everyone, engaged, and taught the class very well - I could not fault him. The handouts are really what I have been searching for so I look forward to reading them.