This training bundle is comprised of three individual practical training courses: Practical CCTV Installation BTEC Level 3, CCTV Repair & Maintenance BTEC Level 3, and Advanced Video Surveillance Systems BTEC Level 4. It has been created for those with little or no experience in CCTV who may wish to develop a more detailed understanding of how this aspect of technical security works in relation to their role.
Learners will attend three separate practical workshop training programmes in either our Hampshire or Shipley Training Centres, (depending on availability, see dates below). Upon successful completion of each programme, learners will receive three formal BTEC certificates as well as 24 CPD points.
If you would like any more information regarding these new bundles or if you’re unsure what might be suitable please contact us using the button below.
Who will benefit?
This bundle will benefit a range of organisations and businesses who need to train their engineers from the ‘ground-up’ to high industry standards. These training bundles provide a great alternative to hiring externally and supports the development of you and your employees.
Whether someone is new to the industry and needs to be trained ‘on the tools’ before going to a job, or perhaps looking to brush up on the key aspects of CCTV installation, system design, and commissioning, this installer training bundle is ideal.
£2450 ex. VAT
120 hours | 3 Practical Workshops
3 BTEC Certificates
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £90pp per night + VAT, or Bed & Breakfast £70 per person per night plus VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
- Install and maintain video over UTP
- Configure and programme digital recording devices
- Set up a range of colour, day/night and dome cameras
- Run cable properly and terminate cable with connectors RG59, URM70, RG11, CT125
- Twisted pair and fibre
- Configure motorised zoom, varifocal, aspherical and fixed lenses
- Wire and connect video distribution amplifiers
- Configure an IP/Network CCTV solution
- How to use test equipment effectively
- AHD, HDTVI and HDSDI explained
- Diagnosing and rectifying common faults
- Fault finding techniques
- Locating and rectifying cable faults
- Measuring video levels
- Identifying faults in video transmission systems
- Optimisation of camera tracking and focus
- IP diagnosis and repair
- Servicing recording devices
- Maintenance requirements
- Health and Safety on site and in workshops
- Light, how this affects the CCTV Image
- Optics, why are they so important
- Camera functions and the physical effect on picture
- The Operational Requirement
- Resolution, pixels per metre and how to measure
- Compression, artifacts and image size
- 360, Panoramic and megapixel technology
- Display screens
- Video management solutions and recording and storage
- Power including designing POE requirements
- IP Networking and video analytics
- Practical site surveys
- Health and Safety requirement
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)