The CCTV Control Room Refresher course is an essential course for all individuals who have already completed the SIA training and who want to keep up to date with the ever-changing issues affecting public space surveillance. This refresher will review the legislation, the latest surveillance cameras codes of practice and the topical challenges facing control room staff. Delivered through Tavcom Training’s bespoke online learning platform, the course can be completed in one day with the backing of their own specialist support tutor and comes with formal CPD points upon completion.
With this course, learners will have the option to choose a non-accredited route at a reduced cost if they wish to do so. Those that choose the non-accredited route will receive a Tavcom Certificate upon successful completion. Learners can purchase the non-accredited course here.
What will you learn?
- Data protection
- Freedom of information
- New technology in the control room
- Digital archiving and audit trials
- Impacts of legislation
- Camera patrolling techniques
- Dealing with incidents and emergency procedures
- Producing images of evidential quality and audit trails
- Police and courts of law
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition – ANPR
- Emerging privacy issues
- Legislation updates
- Control room communications
- Review of current SIA and licensing issues
- CCTV Surveillance techniques
- Surveillance Camera Codes of practice and operational procedures
- Health and safety at work in the control room
£225 excl. VAT accredited route. £125 excl. VAT non-accredited route
Learner’s Own Pace
BTEC Level 2 Certificate
Q) Is the online tutor a human?
A) Your tutor is an industry-leading practitioner in their subject area and still ‘on the tools’, all of our online tutors teach within our classroom courses.
Q) Will this course help my career?
A) Yes, this is a world recognised industry qualification…
Q) Not sure this course is for you?
A) No worries, give one of our friendly sales team a call so we can fully establish your needs.