An essential course for all individuals who have already completed the SIA training and who want to keep up to date with the ever-changing issues affecting public space surveillance. This refresher will review the legislation, the latest surveillance cameras codes of practice and the topical challenges facing control room staff.
What will you learn?
- Data protection
- Freedom of information
- New technology in the control room
- Digital archiving and audit trials
- Impacts of legislation
- Camera patrolling techniques
- Dealing with incidents and emergency procedures
- Producing images of evidential quality and audit trails
- Police and courts of law
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition – ANPR
- Emerging privacy issues
- Legislation updates
- Control room communications
- Review of current SIA and licensing issues
- CCTV Surveillance techniques
- Surveillance Camera Codes of practice and operational procedures
- Health and safety at work in the control room
BTEC Level 2 Certificate
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £85pn + VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.