This training bundle is comprised of two individual practical training courses: Practical Access Control Installation BTEC Level and Advanced Access Control BTEC Level 4. It has been created for those with little or no experience in Access Control who may wish to develop a more detailed understanding of how this aspect of technical security works in relation to their role.
Learners will attend two separate practical workshop training programmes in either our Hampshire or Shipley Training Centres, (depending on availability, see dates below). Upon successful completion of each programme, learners will receive two formal BTEC certificates as well as 24 CPD points.
If you would like any more information regarding these new bundles or if you’re unsure what might be suitable please contact us using the button below.
Who will benefit?
This bundle will benefit a range of organisations and businesses who need to train their engineers from the ‘ground-up’ to high industry standards. These training bundles provide a great alternative to hiring externally and supports the development of you and your employees.
Whether someone is new to the industry and needs to be trained ‘on the tools’ before going to a job, or perhaps looking to brush up on the key aspects of Access Control installation, system design, and commissioning, this installer training bundle is ideal.
£1850 ex. VAT
55 hours | 2 Practical Workshops
2 BTEC Certificates
Accommodation with dinner, bed & breakfast can be included for an additional cost of £90pp per night + VAT, or Bed & Breakfast £70 per person per night plus VAT. Please make a note on your booking form if you wish to add this option.
- Associations, standards, inspectorates, and documentation
- Overview of access control risk assessments, site surveys and system design
- Access Control locking types and applications
- Powers supplies and Door hardware (closers, contacts, exit buttons etc.)
- Access controllers:- Standalone and Networked (Single/Multi Door)
- Recognition equipment, tokens and readers (proximity, mifare, biometrics etc.)
- Single, dual and multi factor authorisation
- Tailgating & Passback – methods to defeat
- Cable types and their application
- Vehicle access – barriers, gates, bollards etc.
- Maintenance agreements – preventative and corrective
- Commissioning and fault finding
- Biometrics access control systems explained
- Topology of traffic barriers, gates and turnstiles, safety considerations
- Machinery directive
- Implementation of standards and procedures
- Integration of electronic security
- Fault finding and diagnostics
- Installation of IP networked access systems
- Understanding protocols and use of third party readers and cards
- Installation of hands free access control
- Third Party protocols of readers and cards
- Commissioning access control systems
- Card security, legislation and protection of data
- Planning and design of sophisticated access control systems
- British and European standards
- Anti-passback technologies