Our Teaching Methods
Teaching at Tavcom
We teach you how to select, install, operate, maintain and manage:
- CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) Systems
- IP Systems (Digital Network Systems)
- Access Control Systems
- Intruder Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Structured Cabling
We also offer a range of specialist security-related training courses including:
- Control Room Operations
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Covert CCTV and Counter Eavesdropping
- Security Management
- System Planning
- PAT Testing
- Door Supervisory
- Online Distance Learning Courses
Courses are available to meet the training requirements of personnel at all levels, from foundation courses for those with little or no previous experience of the industry, to highly advanced programmes for senior managers and technicians. All Tavcom Training courses feature our popular system of lectures followed immediately by sessions of ‘hands-on’ practical experience using the very latest systems technology.
Our clients include:
- Central Governments
- Local Governments
- Military Forces
- Police Forces
- Prison Service
- Communication Companies
- Commercial Institutions
- Oil Refineries
We train representatives from all levels of private industry and commerce. Delegates range from individual self-employed operators and installers to managers of the world’s largest multinational corporations.
Our delegates include:
- Security Managers
- Control Room Operators
- Installation Engineers
- Sales Executives
- Project Managers
- System Design Planners
- Facilities Managers
- Resettlement Students
Tavcom is proud to employ the services of a team of highly qualified, specialised tutors who have unsurpassed knowledge in each of their chosen fields. They are selected not only for their technical and academic abilities but also for their ‘real world’ experience and a wide understanding of today’s security systems industry.
All our tutors have achieved a minimum Level 3 training qualification in order to be able to deliver training of excellence.
The majority of our classroom based courses are at our Hampshire Training Centre.
Our purpose built Training Centre in Bishops Waltham offers:
- A suite of spacious and comfortable lecture rooms offering the latest selection of educational aids.
- An impressive CCTV/IP workshop equipped with the industry’s latest technology.
- Dedicated Intruder Alarm and Access Control workshops for delegates to practice their new found skills.
- Free Wi-fi and internet access
- A comfortable reception area where light refreshments are always available.
- Free, secure parking and easy access for disabled delegates.
International, Regional and ‘In Company’ Training
For organisations with a group of delegates to train, ‘in house’ courses may be the most cost effective option. We can conduct courses at any suitable location within the UK or anywhere around the world. Wherever you are, we ensure that all the equipment necessary to conduct our trademark ‘hands on’ tuition is brought to the chosen venue.
We also offer a range of scheduled courses in association with our Accredited Training Centres which are located worldwide. Please see the ‘International‘ section for full details.